High Quality Cycle Data RadarRobust and minimal sensitivity to faults
Municipalities and provinces are already faced with the task of stimulating bicycle use and increasing accessibility by bicycle. One of the ways they do this is by creating, maintaining and expanding an optimal, safe, bicycle path network. Insight into the traffic flows on bicycle paths is of great importance. More so because of the increasingly broad range of vehicles using bicycle paths – and the accompanying risks. Safety must come first!
De High Quality Cycle Data Radar
After extensive testing it has been proven that the High Quality Cycle Data Radar is now the most innovative and accurate bicycle counting radar, with an accuracy of more than 95%, even during peak hours! With the High Quality Cycle Data Radar you can have (semi)-permanent measurements taken on your desired locations.
The High Quality Cycle Data Radar is equipped with the latest technology and measures variables such as distance, speed, direction of travel, signal strength, and position. All these variables can be used to filter data. The accuracy of the speed measurement is even within a margin of 1%.
THE COMPLETE PRODUCT
The complete product as supplied and installed by Cycle Data B.V., consists of:
- HQCDR with Radar Control Unit (includes Modem/GPRS, Data Storage, Remote Battery Control) and connectors
- Radar casing, bracket and bracket mounting
- Vandalism-resistant cabinet
- All High Quality Cycle Data Radars are provided with energy from solar panels
- The High Quality Cycle Data Radar has a 24 GHz radar frequency, the most reliable frequency during all weather conditions.
- The High Quality Cycle Data Radar is robust and has an expected life of 10 years.
- The fault sensitivity is minimal.
- The High Quality Cycle Data Radar is installed in a vandalism-proof casing at a height of 2.5 to 4 meters.
- The High Quality Cycle Data Radar is provided with energy by means of a solar panel and a battery. The remote battery control in the radar control unit monitors the amount of power stored – quantity of the battery and prevents data loss due to a lack of power.
Interface My Cycle Traffic™
In response to the need for a network of safe bicycle paths, we have set the translation of the data that we collect via our interface with the Cycle Data Radar, My Cycle Traffic™, to the amount of vehicles, the time, the direction, as well as the speed of these vehicles. By means of the interface, each user can determine the speed limits or speed intervals that can be selected, as they see fit.
The High Quality Cycle Data Radar enables data generation to answer questions such as:
- How many vehicles are using the bicycle path, in which direction, and at which speeds – per daypart, day, week or month;
- How many vehicles are on the bicycle path during the morning and evening peak hours.
The High Quality Cycle Data Radar is installed, configured and activated on location with the use of a laptop. The measurement quality will be verified right away. After a successful test the radar will be notified as active in the system. The built-in GPRS communications system in the radar control unit makes it possible to remotely communicate with the system and to receive the data and analyze data via the online web-based interface My Cycle Traffic.
With the High Quality Cycle Data Radar you can have (semi)-permanent bicycle counting measurements taken on your desired locations.